Monday, April 13, 2009

Carter's Blessing


What an amazing weekend! It all started when we flew up from Vegas and were picked up from the airport by Regan's brother Mike and his adorable little boy Talon (who we never get to see because they live in Denver). Mike was so excited to meet little Carter for the first time, and let me tell you how lucky Carter is to have an uncle that cares so much about him. It was so fun to see them spend time together. Carter loves Regan's brothers, It is so funny to see him with them. Regan's younger brother always holds Carter this certain way (I call it "the Brian"). Carter is just so happy and calm when he is being held by him. We met up with Regan's whole family that night at the Mayan, and had a great time with everybody. We spent Saturday night at the Jazz game with some of Regan's fam and had a ton of fun until this fifty year old man with a mullet sitting behind us started calling Reg out to fight him because we asked them to move their coats! It really was a fun game besides that little incident. And then came Sunday...what an amazing day that was for our family. We started the day off badly when we were getting Carter ready for his blessing and he burnt his hand on my hair straightener. I have never felt so bad! I'm sure every mom can relate, and I experienced for the first time, how terrible it feels when your child gets hurt. He was OK after about five minutes of crying, and it didn't bother him the rest of the day. After that.... the day was perfect! What a neat experience was to see my sweet husband get up in sacrament and give my baby the sweetest blessing. I was so touched during that whole meeting. We were surrounded by our family, some who traveled a long way to come support us. It was a really neet experience for me, and I am so grateful for my husband, and all those that came. It really meant alot to me. We had a fun get together at my parent's house afterward with good food and company! My mom put in alot of effort to make it nice, like she always does. She is so great, and I am so thankful for her. We have the most amazing families, and I am so glad I could spend this special event with all of them. Carter is so lucky to have so many amazing people in his life that love him.


7 comments:

John and Maren Williams said...

oh gosh he's cute. For some reason I thought you were doing it in St. George, but nope it was right at home! We should have come down! :( Sounds like it was great though :)

Michelle said...

It sounds like it was a lot of fun. Congratulations on the Blessing, I'm sure Regan did a great job. Carter is getting big and he is such an adorable baby.

Chelsey said...

Oh I love him...(Carter that is) It was such a great blessing! I was watching him in sacrament and wanted to hold him so bad!

Akayleia said...

Congrats on the blessing! I feel bad we couldn't be there for you but it sounds like you had a great time!

lmarlor said...

Cute pics of him in his blessing outfit! I hope I can come visit you in a couple of weeks!

Sarah said...

Hey Regan and Teri! Teri...I don't think we have actually ever met but I have to tell you that Regan has always been my favorite cousin. I'm not just saying that either... he really is. lol. Anyway we need to get together and get to know eachother one of these days since we live in the same town. Where are you guys living? We live about a mile downt he road from my parents. Carter is just adorable. you can email me at prestonandsarah@gmail.com or Check out our blog prestonandsarah.blogspot.com. I'm home most days but my oldest is in Kindergarten for part of the day.Let me know.

trudy...{and jamo} said...

Teri!
Hey girl! this is trudy from high school!
Carter is so adorable! I am so happy i found your blog :)