Well I have officially had my first mothers day, and what a fun day it was! Just let me tell you how lucky I am to have the sweetest hubby that did everything he could to make the day so special. He is always so thoughtful. We spent the day hangin out with our family in St. George and then mine in Las Vegas. Luckily my parents spent the night at our house so I got to see my mom on mothers day! She is such an amazing woman and I love her so much. She is such a sweet mom and grandma! I don't know what I would do without her! It was great to have my mom and dad in town, We always have so much fun together. They really are some of our best friends in the world!
I thought alot yesterday about how blessed I feel to be a Mom, and to have such a great family. It has always been my dream job. I love little Carter, who by the way, has started to laugh! We were sitting on the couch the other day while Regan was telling me a story. He did an action with his hands which apparentlly Carter thought was hilarious. We heard this bubbly laugh, which honestly is the cutest thing I have every heard. He just kept going with it over and over again. Regan and I had tears in our eyes we were laughing so hard, and because it was such a sweet moment.
___________________________________________________
[Regan]
A few more thoughts...
Since I only have a few minutes, I figured I just add an appendange to Teri's post, in order to quickly jot down a few of my thoughts and expressions of appreciation for the new Mother of our little family. Mother's day certainly had a new feel this year, as we celebrated Teri's first day of "official" recognition as a Mom. For those of you who know Teri well, you know that when it comes to holidays, she's still very much a child at heart (she still has me sleeping by the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve, carving pumkins on Halloween, and decorating cookies on Easter), which, by the way, has rejuvenated my own excitement for these things. However, on Mother's Day this year, Teri had a different demeanor, a different glow. I could see in her eyes the true respect and humility that she held for this special day this year, as she was obviously captured in the surreal reality and joy of Motherhood. While I would typically use the word Destiny light, since I believe that we're largely a product of what we desire to become, I have no doubt that Teri was destined to by a Mom. In the countless hours I've spent over these past few months observing Teri interact with little Carter, I've often been overcome by a sense of reverence, for lack of a better word, as I see the light in both their eyes, and feel the sweet joy their special bond brings into our home. I thank the Lord for the blessing of my job that affords Teri the opportunity to focus solely on, and to do what she has undoubtedly been preparing to do for far more than her 23 years...to be a Mom. Teri, your perfect patience, concern, and love for Carter is truly humbling, and I thank you for all you do to raise both of us. I love you.











2 comments:
Baby laughs are the best sound! Happy Mothers Day! I am glad you had a great day. You are a super cute mom!
HAPPY MOM's DAY! To add to Regan's words you really are such a sweet person and I'm so lucky to have a friend like you... thanks for always being there for me!
Post a Comment