Monday, January 26, 2009

Our Newest Addition






The day we've long awaited has finally come! At 11:01pm on Friday, January 23rd, the newest addition to our family finally arrived...Baby Carter. A lot of excitement, certainly a lot of pain, a few tears, and three sleepless nights later, I sit here attempting to place a post that encapsulates a plethora of feelings in a few short thoughts.

My heart is overwhelmed as try to put into words the sincere admiration, respect, and love that I have for my sweet Teri. Delivering a 9lb 10oz (22 1/2 in.) baby as your first is certainly no easy feat, especially considering a stubborn posterior baby (one of the few traits he has of his mom's) and a variety of other complications. Despite it all, I had the privilege of standing by her side and witnessing her exert the determination, effort, and love required to deliver the most precious little child the Lord could have possibly blessed us with, and I love her for it.

I can imagine no other event in one's life so incredible, so gratifying, and so humbling than that of experiencing the birth of one's own child. I can scarcely recall the countless attempts that have been made through the years by friends of mine to humble me in a variety of ways...all to little, or no avail. Nevertheless, the simply cry of a child, my lil' Carter, has effectly accomplished this seemingly impossible feat at each and every occurence. He has melted this daddy's heart and has realigned his daddy's world.

Teri and I are excited to begin this new chapter in our life, and anxiously await all the memorable experiences and precious moments that will undoubtedly come.
-Regan

8 comments:

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

Congrats you guys...he is SOOO cute! we can't wait to meet him in person and don't worry we still have a gift for you! talk to you soon!

the watkins said...

Good Job Teri! We can't wait to meet him. I am sure Kaden will love playing with him when they get older. He is super cute.

Angie said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys. Great post Ragen! It is so sweet to hear the love a new father and husband has for his little family. We are so glad that everything went ok:) We love you guys!

John and Maren Williams said...

This is so awesome!! I am so ecstatic for the two of you! Little Carter is definitely going to be a heart throb to all the girls he meets. You guys are great!

Mal and Kade said...

I am so happy for you guys. Last time I saw you I was feeling his little feet kick insides Teri's cute belly. Now I can't wait to meet him in person.

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you two will be somewhere near St. George in the next two weeks. We want to see all three of you. Even though you are now out of the no-kids club.

Michelle said...

He is Beautiful. Congratulations Regan & Teri!

::dallas:: said...

so excited for you guys!! what a little cutie!!