Sunday, February 1, 2009

So Blessed


So much has happened to our family this last week that I honestly cannot even express how happy I am! Our little Carter has been nothing but joy ever since the moment he came into this world. I never knew that I could love somebody so fast and so much as I do him. We have spent so many hours just watching him, and laughing at his adorableness! I always joked with my family about how my kids are all going to be perfect, and now I have Carter who really has been perfect! He has been such a great eater, sleeper, and everything else them babies do! I have never known or seen a bond so strong between a father and his newborn baby than the bond Carter and Regan have created. It is so special to see the two of them together. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who has been there for me in every way through pregnancy, labor, and now helping me with this newborn baby. We do everything together because I swear you need at least four hands just to get the kid changed and dressed (now all we need to do is figure out how to get his dirty diaper off and a clean one on before captain blastoff appears. This kid has to change his clothes like 12 times a day!!). So today was the day that Regan was scheduled to fly back to Florida. We did not know how long it would be before I was well enough and Carter was old enough to go out and join him, so the hurt of knowing the three of us would be separated was a huge worry on our minds. Just a couple of days ago Regan got a call from a big wig in Deloitte who had worked it out for Regan to be put on to a bank closing in Salt Lake. He was still needed in Florida, but luckily he works for such great people that they understood how perfect it would be for him to be put on this new assignment close to his wife and baby. Reg started his new assignment on Saturday, and really enjoys it. We were so overwhelmed with how perfect everything has worked out for us. We honestly can't believe that heavenly father just continues to open doors for us. We are so blessed. So now we will be close to our friends and family for the next few months. I seriously cannot even express how happy our lives are right now, and how lucky I feel to have my sweet baby and husband here. I always knew that I wanted to be a mom, and I have looked forward to this experience my entire life. It is better and more rewarding than I every could have imagined. I love every part of this so called "motherhood", sleepless nights and all! I am just so glad that Carter arrived safely and that he is a healthy happy baby. Every day is a full of new surprises as we are still getting to know Carter. He is so much Fun and we love him!!!

This is how Carter must have been in my tummy. He never

Moves his legs out of this position. at 22 1/2 in. he was a little squished!!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

He is such a gorgeous baby. That is very exciting that Regan gets to stay close by.Congratulations again on Carter. You have a beautiful family.

Michelle said...

P.S Use a wipe to cover him up while changing him. It helped me avoid getting sprayed.

Chelsey said...

Yes, I agree with the wipe comment! I always have to do this and I haven't been peed on in months... but mike never does it and always gets nailed.
HE IS SO CUTE! And you dont know how happy this makes me that your so close! Lets get together as soon as your ready!

the watkins said...

He is such a cute baby! I love all the pictures. I am so glad Reagan gets to stay in Utah. That really is such a great blessing. I can't imagine how hard it would be if he had to leave.
You look really great. Motherhood is perfect for you!

John and Maren Williams said...

Carter is adorable and I can already see Regan in him! Does Regan Work for Deloitte? Mason has been working for them out in California for the past 5 years- Seems like a great company. I want to come see when I come to Sandy in a few weeks!!! Can I?

Jenna Shea said...

Hi, I saw your page through Kade's, I hope you don't mind. Congrats on your little one, he's so adorable and it's so much fun!

Lizzy said...

Hey you!!! I am so happy you commented on my blog, because now I have yours. First off, congratulations!!!! I am so so so happy for you. He is such a handsome little guy. You guys are such a darling couple, and you will be amazing parents. Congratulations! Keep in touch! xoxo

Angie said...

Oh yeah for you guys! I am so happy that Ragen gets to stay here. That would be so hard to be apart from him especially after having a newborn. Carter is so sweet! You guys are going to be such great parents:) We will see you guys this weekend. I am sure he has already changed a lot since I saw him last!

The Frei's said...

Oh my heck! Hey there! I am so glad you found our blog and now we can keep in touch! I have wondered how you guys are and the new addition! He is so so cute! Congrats!

Dain and Alyse said...

cute little guy