Wow what an amazing last couple weeks it has been! We had the chance to visit Chicago and New York in back to back weekends, so needless to say we had our share of big cities this month. I LOVE to travel, and I also love that Regan is just as passionate about visiting a new place as I am. With our life being so crazy where we don't really have one place to call home consistantly there are downsides, but also many great benefits, and having the ability to travel practically for free is one of them! We had such an incredible time in both cities! I love to be imersed in the hussle and bussle of a big city, but am so grateful for the peace and quiet once I get home. Such a different lifestyle than I am used to, one that I love to visit. While in Chicago we went to the top of the Willis tower (holy cow that was high!), made it through the aquarium and Feild museum, took many beautiful walks through the city and out on Navy Peir, ate the most amazing pizza and food, and even hit up Lu's famous diner and discovered why it's famous... because it's sooooo good! Ran through a rain storm and got soaked, and enjoyed the pool at our hotel. In New York we shopped :)...visited ground zero, Spent alot of time in time square, saw all the sights, Topaz (mmmmm!), played in central park, visited Dillons candy store and FAO schwarts toy store and Carter loved both of those. China town, walked through greenwhich village which was really neat, walked and walked and walked and saw many incredible things! We all had such a great time, including Carter. He was such an amazing little trooper! I am so lucky to be able to take him anywhere! He spent so much time sitting in his stroller walking through the cities, and never complained, in fact I think he enjoyed looking at the sights more that we did! He LOVED to ride on the trains and the taxi cabs or as he calls them "Tixi Tax". His funniest moment of the trips was when we were driving into Chicago and he woke up from sleeping for a couple hours, saw the sky line and saw the really tall Willis tower and said "MOM! look at that really tall tower!!!...it makes me kinda hungry." we still can't help but laugh when we think of him saying that, he is such a crack up! But my very favorite moment of our trips was while we were walking through central park and I hear an "OH CRAP!" come from Regan, look over at him to see a huge bird poop dripping down his hat. God was looking out for him that day when he put on that hat because it was so nasty! but hilarious! Well here is picture overload of our trips...
Chicago


As we came back to our hotel Carter heard the piano music and asked me to dance. He loves to pretend I'm a princess and he is the beast dancing. I don't mind playing this game one bit! he is so cute!











New York







2 comments:
Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun. Carter is looking so grown up! Hopefully we get to see you guys soon:)
i. am. jealous! how fun to be able to see so many fun places!
Post a Comment