Thursday, January 7, 2010

How lucky am I...

To be a mom to my sweet little guy. Maybe this is all coming on because his b day is coming up soon, and I have been thinking a lot about how precious this year has been, but man I love my little life with Carter and Reg. Today as I was putting a gazzilion blocks back in their box for about the tenth time (why we bought this toy I have no idea!!!) and I look over at the washer and my little guy is crouched down in front of it, so still, just watching the clothes go round. After a while he saw me and pointed to it as if to show me, and did his famous "oooohhhhh". We sat there for a few minutes just watching it. Having Carter around makes me notice and love the little things in life again. I love being a mom, and all the things that come with it. picking up blocks over and over, changing dirty diapers, early mornings, the good things are about a million to one bad thing (if there even are any).

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so sweet. The other day they were doing construction on our road and Davin and I just sat there forever watching the dump trucks and tractors. He was amazed by it. I love those precious moments. :)

the watkins said...

I ran into your mom at Costco today, she told me she was heading down to SG to celebrate little Carter's 1st b-day. I can't believe he is already one. It goes by fast, doesn't it? Hope it's a great day!

Dain and Alyse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dain and Alyse said...

That is so cute. I think Tiya and Carter need to meet. I know what you mean,I pick up toys all day long and I really don't know why I bother because she sees me cleaning them up and decides to play with them again..