Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oregon

We just got back from an amazing trip to Oregon, and I can't wait to share the pictures of things that we did there. As most of you know, Oregon is where Regan served his mission, and it was so neat to go back and see it. I had heard how beautiful it was, but I was still surprised! It is honestly the most beautiful place I have ever seen! The cool wet weather was so refreshing from this vegas heat. We packed our days completely full of sight seeing, exploring, and eating amazing seafood. We spent the first day on the coast crabbing, which is one of the funnest things I have ever done! We rented this little rickety tin boat for the whole day. It is a little scary for a while when your boat gets full of mad crabs crawling around trying to pinch you, but you get used to it! That evening we drove to a pier under a beautiful bridge at sunset and cooked up our crab. Wow, I love crab, but this was the best I have ever had!! Sooooo much fun! Reg's Dad and his new wife live in Oregon so we spent the first and last day of our trip with them and the rest of the trip Regan, Carter and I spent driving through Regan's Mission and seeing where he lived. I loved listening to all of his stories and experiences he had in these places. I am so proud of him for serving a mission, and it was fun the be able to see all the places I have heard him talk about for so long. I am so in love with my little family, we had a blast together and made so many amazing memories! Here are a bunch of pics...
The Crabbing CrewYummy!Eugene... The craziest place I have ever seen!
We hiked up to this lighthouse and took a tour. It was so pretty.Face RockThe Portland TempleIt was fun to spend some time with little brother Brian who is leaving on his mission in 6 days. We are so proud and excited for him. He will do great, but we will miss him tonz!You can pull over anywhere and pick oodles of fresh blackberries.... So good! I loved it!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks like lots of fun.

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

oh...i want to go back so bad! i forgot that he served where i did...isn't eugene the best place on earth!?!? ha ha ha we keep talking about how we need to plan something when you guys are up...let us know when you are coming up next and lets do it ;)

::dallas:: said...

so fun!!

ps, i LOVE that hat, mind my asking where you got it, i'd love to get my little guy one!

The Frei's said...

That looks like such a fun vacation! I love the oregon coast. It's so pretty!