As most of you know, my job with the FDIC has kept my little family's lives quite transient over the past several months, moving us from one side of the nation to the other, and back again.
While it has and continues to be an exciting ride, and the opportunity in nothing less than a tremendous blessing, we can't help but eagerly anticipate the day when the opportunity presents itself to settle down and establish a life of more permanence and consistency.
I heard a colleague of mine today coin the familiar phrase "the only thing consistent in our lives right now, and in this line of work, is the consistency of change". For whatever reason, this statement has reverberated in my mind since, as I've considered the accuracy of that phrase. Perhaps it's the "Regan" in me that has had me challenge the validity of this simple and commonly used statement, but today I believe it's something more.
You see, our latest move (yesterday) to Las Vegas has once again separated me from my sweet Teri temporarily, and from lil' Carter for the first time, and my heart longs to be with them. However, I am comforted and supported by the fact that change isn't the only thing consistent in my life; rather, I am blessed with the consistent support and love of the most amazing and special wife in the world, who continues to keep me grounded, and who continues to unwaveringly stand by me through it all, despite the inconvenience and uncertainty.
To my sweet Teri...Thank you. You may never know how much I appreciate and love you, but I promise to spend a lifetime trying to show you.
On that thought, a talk given by President Packer comes to mind, wherein he explained how for centuries people have utilized all methods of communication and rhyme, in an effort to express similar feelings of admiration, gratitude, respect, and love. He explained how numerous Poets have produced 20-page sonnets, authors have written 500-page books, musicians have composed 7-verse songs, and artists have painted 10-feet high peices, all attempting to convey the feelings of their heart to the one they love; while he further explains that, despite these efforts, the very most powerful expression is found in three simple words...
To my sweet Teri, who is consistent in your support and love for me, I want to sincerely express my appreciation, and say to you "I LOVE YOU".
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
You are quite the romantic. Call me; I want to hear about Vegas.
I did not realize that Teri and Carter did not go with you to Vegas. I am sure that is very hard. We cannot wait to see you guys in a few weeks and meet little Carter and introduce him to his cousin Talon.
Awe, that was so sweet. Can you give my husband some lessons, LOL! We miss you guys and will be visiting soon!
Post a Comment